Health & Safety
From the Belmont Park family to yours:
The Belmont Park team believes it is our mission to spread joy and help create lifelong memories through amazing beachfront experiences. Our facility is unique—an open–air, oceanfront park with free admission, which means you can enjoy the beach, rides, and restaurants without having to be in an area that feels overly congested. We have been serving San Diego and the Mission Beach community for 95 years, and we will continue to serve this beautiful and resilient community for many years to come.
At Belmont Park, safety has always been one of our core competencies. Cleanliness is a key component of safety and is something we take seriously. With the increase in concern over the last few weeks, we have implemented additional procedures to ensure the health and safety of guests and staff and seek out ways to improve our procedures daily. We have increased employee communication and training around COVID-19. How we move forward from here is a testament of our commitment to our employees and guests. Here are a few of the steps we are taking with our existing protocol and ways we are enhancing procedures:
- Cleaning and sterilization of highly used surfaces (doorknobs, countertops, etc.) with increased frequency
- Additional hand sanitizer stations with more being added to various locations and for staff
- Continuous team updates with information from governing agencies (CDC, WHO, CDPH) and daily staff huddles for increased awareness
- Increased training with all employees including proper hygiene and food–handling procedures with enhanced training tools
- Continuous updates to training and procedures as new information arises
- Monitoring of staff for signs and symptoms of sickness
- Enhanced policies and regulations around employee travel
The Belmont Park family promises to provide a safe, fun and memorable experience for all. Since 1925, we have stood strong and proud through global and local challenges from the Great Depression and WWII, to wildfires and beyond. We will remain open in compliance with regulations and will be resolute with our commitment to create a fun and safe environment. Our businesses will remain open at this time and will operate during our normal hours (weather permitting). We will continue to update our websites (belmontpark.com, draftsandiego.com, cannonballsd.com, beachhousesd.com, and belmontparkentertainment.com) as information becomes available.
Thank you for your attendance and loyalty. We hope to see you soon.
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns (email@example.com).
See below for a list of a few of the pertinent sources of information we reference from trusted agencies.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC travel notices
- CDC Situation Updates
- CDC Guidance on Mass Gatherings